A Day of Success?

In class today, Mr.Rease let the class review a test that I originally scored a 59 on. The test contained the components we had been reviewing as far as analyzing poems. However, taking a timed test on them made me panic. I second guessed myself a lot on my answers, which caused me to have such a poor score. I also couldn’t interpret the poem as well as I wanted to because I was afraid of running out of time. But after being put in groups, my partner helped me to see my mistakes and correct them as well as understand the correct answer. With both of our minds together, we made a 93. In addition to reviewing our tests, I had to listen to the rest of my peers present their poems like I did yesterday. I must admit that the presentations weren’t the best, but they did do the best they could being that the poems were kind of difficult to interpret. My favorite poem from today was Success is Counted Sweetness by Emily Dickinson. It told that successful people would never truly be successful because they will always continue to set higher goals for themselves but in the eyes of a person with no achievements any set mark would be considered as successful. 

Comments

Popular Posts