Understanding the Topic of Discussion

Today in Mr.Rease’s 3rd block AP Literature and Composition class, we analyzed I Felt a Funeral in My Brain by Emily Dickinson, a poem my class had homework on last night. Even though I had a assignment on it last night, it was still challenging for me to understand, therefore, reviewing it with the class gave me different perceptions of its meaning. During the analysis we discussed characterization, themes, literary devices, and the overall meaning of the poem. All of these points helped reveal the darkness that the speaker was feeling which deepened the poem’s meaning for me. Today was extremely beneficial to me because analyzing the poem with my teacher and peers gave me the assurance that I am understanding the lessons my teacher lectures on.

Comments

Popular Posts