When I Think About Myself Recitation

Today I recited When I Think About Myself, a poem by Maya Angelou. It was so nerve wrecking! I had spent time rehearsing the poem multiple times daily, so I knew I knew the poem. However, when the time came to perform in front of my peers I started to sweat. My words started to fade from memory, but when the first word came out. It was like a thunder on a sunny day. All eyes were on me and the words came pouring out, loud! I couldn’t stop. My mind was blank and it was like everything I had rehearsed was flowing out without any effort being put in. Like I was telling my own story. And when it came to the end I fumbled and I knew I did. It was like I had got so carried away that I didn’t know what I was saying. However, I did continue like it didn’t happened, even though it still was heavy on my mind even after I was done. I still think I did a great job bringing the great Maya Angelou words to life.

Comments

Popular Posts