Sonnet 18

Today, we returned from our Labor Day weekend and I wasn’t really in tune with the rest of the class. I couldn’t focus because I was so tired and the class seemed to drag on forever. All I remember from today’s lesson is lambic pentameters and annotating Sonnet 18 by William Shakespeare. The poem today is what kept me intrigued. It kept my mind racing on the different scenarios of which inspired Shakespeare to cultivate that particular poem. The scenarios varied but they all kept the beautiful  story line of him describing the beauty of his first love and how he wanted to keep that remembrance of her beauty alive by the writing of the poem. I can conclude by stating that annotating these poems and discussing them with the class are helping me understand them in different ways. I can’t wait to see my progress!

Comments

Popular Posts