America

Today, my class was assigned to answer different questions which led to the discussion of the 9/11 attack. These questions caused me to think about how I view being an American. It’s kind of funny because when thinking about America the first things that come to mind are freedom, liberty, independence, and opportunities. But in reality America is a hypocritical country. We allow opportunities to pass us by because we are too lazy to take advantage of them. We can’t all reach the goals that we have set because some positions aren’t made for certain people. We are judgmental and outspoken as a country. These were the type of things that stood out to me, not because they are bad but because they are true and I often don’t view the country in that way. On the other hand, I learned more facts on what happened during the attacks and how that tragedy brought the country together. Being that the attacks cause the US to be united , listening to the story is inspiring. Rest In Peace to everyone lost in the attacks!

Comments

Popular Posts