Fences

Today my class completed the reading of Fences  and the end was unpredictable. Troy died and characterization amongst all the characters were established. In the beginning, I thought that Troy was a selfish, controlling father and husband to his family. However after everything was finalized, I came to the conclusion that he was just a black man who sacrificed his happiness to survive and make sure his house was in order. I understood that Troy’s actions towards Cory was out of love. So that Cory could make better decisions and be better then he was. My characterization towards Rose didn’t change. Finishing the play only justified my beliefs of Rose being a strong woman, who held the family together. All in all, I loved the play. It seems like we been reading a lot of interesting things in class this year. I can’t wait to read our next text.

Comments

Popular Posts