EVIL....

Growing up I always heard money was the root of all evil. However, today I finally understood how greed and the love of money always result in sinful deeds. We continued our reading of The Canterbury Tales today. The tale we covered, in particular, was The Pardoner’s Tale. My interpretation was filled with lessons and opened my eyes to certain surroundings that I wouldn’t have noticed before. In the tale, three drunks went on a search for Death, but found an abundance of money instead. They all plotted against each other the take the treasure for themselves, which resulted in the death of them all. This shows that people will do anything for money and that you are not to trust anyone dealing with money nor sinful people. The Pardoner also reminded us that whenever he told this story, he received a lot of treasures. This means that a lot of people are willing to give up everything to be saved. So what I took from this tale is that a lot are people are in search for someone to save them, so much that they often fall into the wrong hands. Therefore, we all have to be careful of who we let into our lives and what we believe in.


Comments

Popular Posts