What Does Love Look Like?

As we continued our reading of The Canterbury Tales, I found The Wife of Bath tale as fascinating and full of themes and/or morals. The most important theme or moral to me would be that it does matter how your spouse looks. I don’t disagree to that cause who wants to wake up to something ugly? You can’t be intimate with someone you’re not physically attracted to. However, I feel that many people love based off society. What I mean by that is, in today’s society everyone has high standards set on what a “wifey type” is. You have to dress a certain way, look a certain way, obey your husband, cook, clean, take care of kids. However, I think that labels shouldn’t be forced upon love. Everyone should base their love for their significant other on how the love is between the relationship not because of worldly opinions. Subsequently, that is another problem. We also shouldn’t base our love on the opinions of others. We should do what makes us happy because ultimately in the end we are the ones in the relationship and if we are to busy trying to please others than our relationship as a whole will fail.

Comments

Popular Posts