I LOVE MY CULTURE!

Being BLACK means a lot to me! It’s way more than a skin color. No offense to the other races but I truly feel that being black is the way to be! You see I admire all black people. The ones who make the stereotypes look like nonsense. The Black Queens who can make a whole meal appear out of no where even after their children have walked back and forth to the fridge and nothing was there. Or the hardworking Black Kings who have spent each day teaching their daughter to be a queen and their son to be a king. The group of BLACK people who pot their soul into the music they sing. OR the BLACK people who make their mark with every dance they do. I admire how we can make a good thing out of something bad whether if it’s through a laugh, song, dance or story. I admire how creative and carefree we are. I admire the love and soul we put into everything we do. It amazes me how we all come from different families but we’ve all experienced the same thing. Like getting a whooping and waking up to spaghetti being made or going to the store and being told not to touch anything. It’s comical but true and that’s what being black is. It’s like we’re all ONE, a big family and I love the unity. I admire how strong we are and it’s all because of our ancestors, who have fought many hard battles for us. So when I think of being black I think of the soul I have, how BEAUTIFUL, strong, creative, POWERFUL, and lucky I am to be BLACK!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts